Saturday, November 10, 2012

God is moving in the Dominican Republic!

Rev. George & Sis. Candice Teachman are currently in the Dominican Republic doing minsitry work.  They sent this wonderful report that we just had to share with you!  We know you'll enjoy it!

Pastor Apolinaria told me she has just opened another church in a village outside of the town of Imbert. Her current church in Imbert, of which the members are all Haitians, is full.  The people crowd into the small packed church to sing praises to God in Creole, their native Haitian language. This new daughter church, which is only a few months old, has 7 members coming faithfully to all the meetings. Pastor Apolinaria has two sisters helping her with these meetings and ministering to the new converts when she is not able to make it. When we arrived, the pastor had a wonderful meal waiting for us which would be the Dominican equivalent of an American Thanksgiving. She told me that she took up a special offering in her church and that all her members gladly gave to provide this wonderful meal.

About 1 month ago, I was driving into Hartford on a Friday night when a tractor trailer immediately came into my lane, coming within about 1 foot of crushing me. God miraculously delivered me. When I told this to my interpreter, Rafael, the Holy Spirit came upon him powerfully. He said that just before that date, his pastor and whole congregation were in a 4-hour prayer meeting when God gave a vision to his pastor, Jimmy.  It was a vision of a large truck hitting my truck and crushing me on the highway. He had the whole church pray for me for a long time until the Lord gave him another vision of me being spared. Right after I narrowly escaped that accident, the Holy Spirit spoke to me that I was spared because He had someone praying for me. I didn't realize he had a whole church praying for me about that exact situation. Praise the Lord for His mercy.

Rafael’s pastor, Jimmy Rodriguez, gets up daily at 3:00AM to have prayer meetings in his church. Between 3 and 10 people attend these meetings.  Because of the volume of prayer in his church, in many of his meetings the Holy Spirit takes over with people trembling under the power of God and dancing in the Holy Ghost all over his church. God also had called him to start a new church. He told me that recently he had his first meeting and 18 souls came to Christ. God is moving in powerful way through these dedicated servants in Dominican Republic.

In our Sunday night service the Lord set me on fire. The interpreter could barely continue to translate at one point. He said he felt the fire of God burning inside of him and the presence of God kept overtaking him. God had me warn the people, in the Holy Spirit, to stay in prayer and watch their children closely; that violent acts would he happening in their village shortly. Less than 1 hour after this meeting the police were called and lights were flashing outside of the pastor's house as one of her neighbors attempted to stab his wife to death. If we stay in prayer, the Holy Spirit will continue to warn and protect us. In this meeting, the Holy Spirit was falling upon the people powerfully. Children fell-out under the presence of God at the altar. Several young people, who were backslid when I was there in March, were back in church, established and working for God.

We are all full of joy here tonight. God bless you from the Dominican Republic.
Rev. George Teachman

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome testimony of the power of God sparing your life. Shows how the body of Christ is one no matter where we are. No distance to prayer.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! All comments are reviewed in a timely fashion before being published to the WWLM Report Blog. Please check back later to see any comments you have posted.