Thursday, August 1, 2013

Zambia Report #5 - Wednesday

Kamwala Prison
Greetings everyone!  This is Rev. Jerry Kalinsky and I have a great report to share with you from our visit to Kamwala Prison in Lusaka, Zambia.  It was very exciting for me to have the opportunity to minister to 252 inmates and guards.  It was very hot and we all sat out in the heat of the day while the prisoners sang songs of worship to God.  My heart was touched because these inmates worshipped God and many of them had only one shoe and one sock, some had torn clothes, others had just one flip flop to wear, yet in the midst of their physical needs they all sat with expectancy, waiting for me to preach the word of God. 

 I began to minister from Psalms 51 and shared how David had an affair with Bathsheba and Nathan, the prophet, pointed out his sin, causing David to cry out to God for mercy.  Because David was open and honest before God and did not try to hide his sin, God had mercy on him.  As the word of God was released, inmates began to respond because hope had come to their lives.  I went on to encourage the men saying, “we have all made mistakes, and even though we may not see any good or even love ourselves at times, God sees our value and He still loves us in spite of our failures.  If we are honest with God and ask for forgiveness, God will have mercy and forgive us.”

After the message, I asked how many would like to receive Christ and hands began to rise in the air.  I cannot begin to tell you how we felt as many souls said the sinner’s prayer and gave their lives to God.  Shouts of victory went all over the prison compound after we prayed.  Even the guards smiled and shook my hands after the sermon.

Lives were change by the power of God and I know these men will never be the same again.  Before I left, I told the men that if I don’t see them again on this side, we will meet again in Heaven and all the men shouted for joy!  Thank you for all of your prayers and to those who were able to give.  You have made a difference.  God bless you!

In His Service,
Rev. Jerry Kalinsky

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! All comments are reviewed in a timely fashion before being published to the WWLM Report Blog. Please check back later to see any comments you have posted.