Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Father’s Day Celebration

My family and I went to New Gethsemane Deliverance Outreach Ministry in Meriden, CT to preach a Father’s Day celebration service.  Everyone was praising the Lord during the song service.  The choir and the praise team sang wonderfully.  Since it was a Father’s Day service, all the fathers had a moment to share with the church.  It was awesome hearing them share their hearts.  One man began to speak, with tears in his eyes, about how he lost his son and how he wishes he could have seen the man he would have become.  He encouraged us all to not take for granted the times that we spend with our children.  Later on in the service, the Lord really spoke to my heart to go and tell that brother that even though he lost his natural son, his days of being a father are not over.  God has made him a father in Zion, and there are many other sons that need him to impart his wisdom into their lives, and to lead and guide them.  While I was telling him this, he fell down to his knees just crying and thanking God!

I shared with the church about missions and the good things that God is doing.  The people clapped their hands and praised God for how He is moving on the mission fields!  Everyone was especially excited that Abby and I going together to Lima, Peru in July!  After the mission report they took up an offering and sang a special song, then I preached a message titled, “A Father’s Cry, A Mother’s Need, and A Daughter’s Miracle.”  The Holy Ghost moved mightily and people were getting delivered right from the beginning of the message—a great yoke-breaking anointing was present!  People came to the altar crying and five souls got saved!  One young man came to the altar very sick and weak in his body.  He told me that he needed a miracle or he was going to die.  He gave his life to Jesus right there, with tears rolling down his face, and he also asked the Lord to heal him.  While he prayed, a great presence of God swept over this young man—I could feel it!  He looked at me and said, “Something happened to me, I felt it in my body, I believe God healed me!”  There was great rejoicing in the church and everywhere you looked, the Holy Ghost was ministering to lives!  After service Pastor Graham was so kind to treat my family and I to a wonderful Father’s Day dinner.  During dinner we laughed and shared testimonies about the goodness of God.  It was great being in Father’s house on Father’s Day!

My friends, now that I have been a father for some years, I know what it feels like to have my children come running to me when they have a need.  If they call me, I will always answer them, but when they cry, I come running!  When I get to them, I pick them up and find out what is wrong.  I talk to them and guide them so that they won’t have the same accident again.  Why do I do this?  Because I am a great father and I love my children.  Well, we also have a heavenly Father that loves us.  When we call Him, He always answers, and when we cry, He comes running!  He picks us up, talks to us, guides us, and works out problems that seem impossible.  He can heal any hurt or pain that we will ever have.  No one is bigger than our Father and no one is stronger than Him!  He has never lost a fight and there is not anything too hard for Him to fix!  One of the greatest things about our Father is that He is omnipresent:  He is with us all the time.  Do you know what that means?  That means you cannot lose, fail, be conquered, or be defeated because your Father is with you!  I want to challenge you today to make every day Father’s Day!  Each and every day shower your heavenly Father with the love and praise that is due His name.  He is a wonderful Father that always stands ready to meet your every need.  So no matter what you are going through right now, it’s Father’s Day, and your Father who can do the impossible, is spending today and everyday with you!  

God bless you,
Rev. Melvin L. Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! All comments are reviewed in a timely fashion before being published to the WWLM Report Blog. Please check back later to see any comments you have posted.