Thursday, September 22, 2011

Something Got A Hold Of Me!

“Something got a hold of me, oh yes it did! Something got a hold of me! I went to a meeting one night and my heart wasn’t right, something got a hold of me!” 

Well my friends the songwriter could not have written a more fitting song for last night’s camp meeting because something got a hold of us and it was the Holy Ghost!  The power of God filled the house and people reached out to the Lord with faith and God saturated His people! One lady stood with her hands raised towards the heavens as we laid hands on her the power of God came upon her so strong she could no longer stand.  As she began to fall back in the presence of God her entire body started shaking and she began to speak in tongues!  Can I just take a moment and tell somebody that Pentecost in still alive!  Is it all right to declare that God is still filling people with the Holy Ghost!  This is why Peter, in the book of Acts 2:14-18, after they were all filled with the Holy Ghost came down from the upper room said to the world, “Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day. But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;  And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:  And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:”  Well bless God, He is still pouring out His Spirit on whosoever will!

Another lady was standing at the altar seeking God and when the same Holy Ghost came upon her she started shouting and crying and talking in tongues!  Another lady hit the ground moving from side to side talking in tongues as the Spirit gave the utterance.  She tried to get up but she kept staggering around like a drunkard.  She was being endued with power from on High!  She tried to settle down but she couldn’t.  She kept twirling in circles and talking in tongues!  In Zechariah 4:6 it says “…Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.”  My friend your victory is in the Holy Ghost! Stir up the gift that lies within you!  If you don’t got it, get it!  And if you have it, use it!  Jesus said that you shall receive power after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you!  Power to work, power to build, power to speak, power to heal, power to fight, power to change things, power to overcome, power to win the battles!  Power to walk with God!  Hallelujah!  Thank God it is not based on feelings but it is based on the Word of God!  So if you’re feeling a little weary, if it looks like your enemy is getting the upper hand, get in the Holy Ghost and release the power!

God bless you
Rev. Melvin L. Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! All comments are reviewed in a timely fashion before being published to the WWLM Report Blog. Please check back later to see any comments you have posted.