Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A Testimony from Zambia

God can do anything!

I would like to share with you the testimony of a brother from one of the church branches in the Lusaka, Zambia. Before coming to know the Lord.

"I was a terrible robber.  It happened that one day while in a group of my fellow robbers, we attacked and robbed an unarmed soldier who later on identified me and I was arrested and put in jail. During the same night, the police officers brought a drunkard man in our cell and one of the constables told me to beat that drunkard man. I did not want to do it but I did to please the officers. Unfortunately the following day the drunkard man was found dead and my offense was doubled to robbery and murder. I was devastated.

My life was now ruined. I had been in the prison for over 2 years with no real change of heart. I was worst now than I was before I got in the prison. Whilst in prison, I went to the prison library where I read a Christian book and this is where I can call my turning point because that book spoke to my life. A few days later, a pastor from the Lighthouse Church in Misisi came and preached to all the inmates and there I gave my life to our Lord Jesus Christ. After serving many years in prison I was released and I quickly backslid and started going back to my old ways of stealing and robbing. But I thank God that He did not let me go. A brother from the church testified to me and I felt in my heart to go with him to Mumbwa branch church.  The preacher  preached a powerful message on Salvation and I gave my life to Christ again.  I was revived and this time I was filled with the Holy Ghost!  It’s has now been 2-1/2 years since I gave my life back to God and I've never thought of joining to the world again. I am free and He who the son sets free is free indeed! My God is great. He gave me second chance!

I am now an Elder in the church and God is using me, a former drug addict, a former Robber, a former murderer!  But once I was washed in the Blood my past was erased! I am a new creature in Christ! Old things are past away and all things have become new! And now I have to go and tell everyone that they can be free! I have to tell the prostitute, the drug dealer, the robbers and the thieves that there is an answer and there is a hope! And no matter how hard the devil may try to hold you down, my Jesus has the power to lift  you up! All glory goes to God!"

This is just another example of how God can do anything! So no matter what you are going through or facing just remember it may not look good right now but the Bible says He that has begun a good work in you will be faithful to complete it! So that tells me that I have the right to praise Him because He is working things out for my good! So speak to yourself when the doctor does not give you much hope and say, “He’s working it out!” When family members and loved ones are going through a storm just say,"He’s working it out!" When the bills are due and the money is gone sometimes you just have to grab hold of faith and say, "He’s working it out for my good! My God did not bring me this far to leave me now! Something good is going to come forth from this because my God is working it out!"

God bless you & thank you for your prayers and continued support!

Rev. Melvin L. Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! All comments are reviewed in a timely fashion before being published to the WWLM Report Blog. Please check back later to see any comments you have posted.