Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Personal Accounts from Mission Team

Greetings everyone!  The Lord is doing a great work here in Lusaka, Zambia. Today we visited the Linda Church branch and then ministered in a youth meeting at the main church in Misisi Compound.  Two of our team members are going to share their experiences of ministering in Zambia for the first time and we trust that you are going to be blessed.

~Rev. Melvin Sanchez Sr. 


"Today it was back to the bush!  This is “real” Africa.  Getting the opportunity to preach at the Linda branch church was amazing.  From the beginning of the worship service the presence of God came down in such a tangible way.  God truly inhabits the praises of His people whether that be in the United States, Africa, or China; His omnipresence is still the same.  The Lord began to prick my heart half-way through the worship service to preach on “The Real Holy Ghost.”  Although that was not what I had planned, I knew I had to submit to the voice of God.  After stumbling through the first few words, the message began to flow forth out of my Spirit.  God continues to amaze me that even in your weakest area He can get the greatest amount of glory.  After preaching the message, the Holy Spirit began to take the church to a deeper place.  A deepness past the flesh and the emotions!  I believe the church got a taste of where God wanted to take
them.  I cannot wait to hear the report in coming days about how God is changing that community.  We ended the day with a youth meeting at Misisi Compound.  Evangelist Josh Bell did such an outstanding job.  A small boy wanted me to hold him and began to cry when he had to leave…He ran back in the church, crying, calling me daddy...talk about ripping your heart out.  But I’m thankful that these precious children are not alone for there is a church that loves them and can make them understand that if everybody else leaves there is a heavenly Father who is entirely eternal that will always be there for them!"
~Rev. Robbie Grubbs


"Today we had a wonderful youth group meeting.  This was my first time preaching a youth meeting in Zambia and I didn't know what to expect.  I prayed to the Lord that He would help me and He did!  When I first pulled up to the church, I noticed the youth leaders playing instruments and the kids singing praises to God while others played around the church.  When we got to the gate, a teenage boy opened it and we were instantly surrounded by the young people that we were going to minister too.  We shook hands with the youth leaders and followed the children to the front of the church.  It was unlike anything that I have witnessed in the States...Little girls with babies on their back because it was their responsibility to take care of their younger siblings, small boys jumping around unclothed and with hungry bellies. I knew that God had laid a word on my heart to encourage these future leaders.  They opened up the service with prayer and it was amazing to see young
children with their hands lifted, magnifying the Lord at such an early age.  After singing a few songs, I got up to preach.  After motioning wildly about Daniel encountering the lions den, the kids were instantly captivated.  After explaining how they do not have to fear about anything, several kids raised their hands to receive Christ.  Days like today make it all worth it!  I am so excited to see the impact that God is going to make on these young children.
God bless you"
~Evangelist Joshua Bell

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! All comments are reviewed in a timely fashion before being published to the WWLM Report Blog. Please check back later to see any comments you have posted.