Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Greetings from Lusaka, Zambia!

Rev. Melvin Sanchez, Sis. Mable Saunders, Evangelist Joshua Bell and Rev. Robbie Grubbs are reporting from Zambia...

Greetings from Lusaka, Zambia!

We are so excited to be here and everyone from the church was so happy to see us. We took a walk through Misisi compound today!  We touched many lives and made many new friends.  Sister Saunders was named Queen of Misisi compound because everyone just loves her.  Every time you see her, she is praying with someone, encouraging someone or playing with children.  She is a born missionary!  There is so much that everyone of us could share with you, but I want to focus in on what Evangelist Joshua Bell reports about his experience and I pray that it will touch your hearts. 

~Rev. Melvin L. Sanchez Sr. 

Evangelist Joshua Bell reports...

“Ever since I was a child I have always desired to go to Africa, and when landed in Zambia I felt like God was opening another chapter of my life.  When I arrived in Misisi Compound, the ministry here impacted me greatly.  The love the pastors and leaders have for the people is astounding!  Many of the children at the compound don’t even have a change of clothes, some don’t have clothes at all and others don’t even have food to eat but yet they still have joy. 


As we walked through Misisi it seemed as if I was going deeper and deeper into nothingness.  There were small houses with no running water or electricity.  As I looked at the garbage piles, the devastation and extreme poverty, my heart was overwhelmed.  I realized that we have so much in America that we take for granted, like food, fresh air, education and clean water.  I could not even begin to imagine growing up in an area like this.  The future looks so bleak; how would I survive growing up here parentless and living on the street?  I would struggle, not only having a positive outlook on life but just to survive.

But thank God these precious are not abandoned or forsaken because they have a hope in Christ through the Church.  The church has become a beacon of hope to this entire area.  The church, through World-Wide Lighthouse Missions Inc., provides food through the Wheelbarrow Ministry, and clothes and educations through the T.E.A.C.H. program.  They provide fresh water through the water well, and most importantly the gospel of Jesus Christ which brings life.

Everywhere we went children would yell for the pastors, and children would run up to us just to hold our hands because they felt the love of God.  The thing that touched me the most was when I saw the love they have for Christ with so little in their possession. They are grateful and thankful for everything they have and give God the praise in all things. “

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! All comments are reviewed in a timely fashion before being published to the WWLM Report Blog. Please check back later to see any comments you have posted.