Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Personal Report from Sis. Saunders

Greetings Everyone,

The country and the people here are absolutely beautiful but it reminds of the the story 'Beauty and the Beast'.  It has beauty - you look in one direction and you can see flowers, buildings, people who seem to need nothing at all.  But then you turn the corner and you see the beast - the dirt, the garbage piles, the extreme poverty.  Nobody comes and asks you for a hand-out, yet when you look beyond the smiles and into their eyes you see the fear of tomorrow.  You hear the voices of the inner, crying out, "Will I eat tomorrow?  Will I have a cover at night?  Will I even be alive?"  Yet in the midst of these extreme circumstances they press on, trusting that the same God who provided for them today will somehow provide for them tomorrow.


What blesses me the most is when the people gather into the church and sing praises to God.  They are not singing to be perfect but yet when I close my eyes I hear perfection.  It could not get any better if we were in the king's palace and clothed in fine linen, but in the Spirit that is exactly what has taken place.  There is so much I could say, but please pray like you've never prayed before that God will continue to move and provide and that many souls will continue to be saved and touched by God.  I wish you were all here physically but I know you are with us in faith, in your giving and in your prayers. 

~Sis. Mable Saunders

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! All comments are reviewed in a timely fashion before being published to the WWLM Report Blog. Please check back later to see any comments you have posted.