Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Light in the Darkness!

Early Saturday morning Apostle Best and I headed for the airport. As we drove down the highway leaving Jacksonville and heading towards Orlando, Florida we decided to pull into a Denny’s to get a quick cup of coffee. As we sat down a drunk young man came into the restaurant yelling and staggering all over the place. He was loud and cussing and disturbing many people. He staggered over to our table barely able to stand asking us to help him with what was good to eat. Bishop Best said “I will tell you what is good to eat but I will also tell you what you need, son you need Jesus.” The man stopped and looked at us. His eyes began to fill with tears as we began to share with him the love of God. The man said, "My name is James; I used to go to church. My mother brought me up in the house of God. And I was a fool and have done so many wrong things. I took the blessing of God and kicked them away from me and I am far from God." I said to him, James you may have made some mistakes but you are still God’s son and He loves you and He can help you if you just call on Him. James said "When I came in here tonight, the place was dark and all I could see was a light shining off of you two so I made my way over. My life has been a living hell and you two are the only ones that have made sense to me." Soon after he said those words James friends came over to get him. We gave James an address of a church. James said "Please pray for me, it may not look like it but your words have got in my heart. I am not going to let Jesus go this time." Before James friends took him away he took our bill and said "I have to pay this." By the time we shook James hand He was in his right mind, talking calm and speaking about Jesus. He said "Thank God for the light I see on you, It was God that led you here just to talk to me. Please tell everyone in your church to pray for me that God will keep me in His will because I am going to follow Christ!" My Friends Jesus said that you are the lights of the world, a city on hill. Let you light so shine! There is a world in darkness that needs to see the Love of God shinning through you. So take some time everyday to share the light and change somebody’s world!

God bless you!
Rev. Melvin L. Sanchez

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! All comments are reviewed in a timely fashion before being published to the WWLM Report Blog. Please check back later to see any comments you have posted.